Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Guest Post - Wanderers Instructor, Ben Tzinberg


From time to time we like to introduce our Instructors to everyone.  We are very happy to have one of our best Instructors, Ben Tzinberg, back to work for us during the summer of 2014.  Here's a bit about him, in his own words.

That's Ben on the left at Fort Ross, CA


"I grew up in St. Louis, MO and graduated from the University of Colorado in Boulder. Spending time outdoors and working with young people has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. For over a decade I spent my summers as a camper and later as a counselor at the same camp in the Ozarks of Missouri. Summer camp, in addition to family canoeing and camping trips, instilled me with a passion for the natural world. For the last two years I have taught outdoor environmental education in Washington and North Carolina. I also spent two summers leading service adventure trips for Mill Valley based Adventures Cross-Country. I am currently working at a charter school in Denver, CO as a Math Fellow. 

I am so excited to be returning to the Bay Area for my second summer with Wanderers! A few personal highlights from 2013 include tide pool exploration at Salt Point and leading the militia at Fort Ross during Sonoma Coast Explorer. Last summer was such a wonderful experience exploring, teaching, learning and generally enjoying the natural wonders of Northern California. Wanderers campers make the program truly unique as their sense of adventure and wonder run free while exploring as a group. Every Wanderers camper I worked with taught me something, from new jokes, to origami, to a different way of looking at the world. It was a pleasure to work alongside Kurt and the other instructors, a group with such rich and diverse experiences. I can't wait to get back to California for another awesome summer with new and returning Wanderers campers!"

No comments:

Post a Comment